How can we conserve coal and petroleum?
Coal and petroleum which are also called fossil fuels or non- renewable energy resources. One way of fuel conservation is to avoid their wastage. Switching to alternative sources such as solar energy in the forms of solar heater, solar cookers, use of natural gas and wind energy are some ways to reduce their usage.
Why do we conserve coal?
We need to conserve coal and petroleum because they are non renewable sources of energy and it takes millions of years for their formation. They are thus cannot be replenished quickly.
What are the different ways to conserve fossil fuels write at least 3 with examples?
(i) Conversion into efficient forms like CNG. (ii) Protection of resources from fires. (iii) Avoid wastage of oil. (iv) Make more use of renewable source of energy like using solar energy, wind mills to generate electricity.
What are some ways to conserve coal?
To conserve coal, you need to take steps to conserve energy.
- Conserve power in your home by replacing old light bulbs with new forms of energy-efficient bulbs. …
- Invest in energy-efficient home appliances. …
- Reduce your consumption of coal power by conserving energy spent on air conditioners and heaters.
How can we conserve fuel?
Keep the gears turning at the right speed to save gas
- Use the correct engine oil.
- Keep tyre pressure at 0.3–0.5 bar above advised pressure to have low rolling resistance tyres.
- Reduce unnecessary weight.
- Reduce air resistance.
- Switch off air conditioning and heating (dress warmly!)
What can you burn to produce heat and electricity?
Coal, gas and oil
Fossil fuel power plants burn coal or oil to create heat which is in turn used to generate steam to drive turbines which generate electricity.
How can we conserve exhaustible resources?
Conservation of nonrenewable resources:
- Resource waste should be avoided. …
- When not in service, shutting off fans, lamps, and coolers, using cooking gas economically, using pressure cookers, using tube lights instead of electric bulbs are some of the ways to save non-renewable energy that might benefit to a large degree.