Where are the 3 biggest coal reserves found?
United States of America – 250.2 billion tonnes
Coal reserves in the US are widely distributed geographically with Montana, Wyoming, Illinois, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania hosting more than three-fourth of the total reserves.
What are the top 3 coal producing countries?
China, India, US, Australia and Indonesia make up the five leading coal producing countries in the world.
How long will coal reserves last?
Based on U.S. coal production in 2019, of about 0.706 billion short tons, the recoverable coal reserves would last about 357 years, and recoverable reserves at producing mines would last about 20 years.
Which country is first in coal production?
1. China – 3.7 billion tonnes. China dominates global coal production, and accounted for almost 47% of the world’s entire output in 2019.
Which country is the largest producer of iron?
The world’s top five largest iron ore producing countries in 2020
- Australia – 900 million tonnes. …
- Brazil – 400 million tonnes. …
- China – 340 million tonnes. …
- India – 230 million tonnes. …
- Russia – 95 million tonnes.
Where does the US get most of its coal?
The largest markets were India (12.8% of all exports), Netherlands (12.0%), Japan (8.5%), South Korea (8.5%), and Brazil (6.7%). In the third quarter of 2018, the U.S. imported 1.4 million short tons of coal, mostly from Colombia (58%), Canada (17.8%), and Indonesia (17.8%).